ARTS San Antonio’s ARTSTEACH program includes arts-education workshops, master classes, performances for students, and hosted attendance opportunities for students and families to attend performances.
Last year, August 1, 2017 – July 31, 2018 ARTS San Antonio delivered:
- 444 ARTSTEACH Workshops to 5,208 students and senior citizens. Workshop locations included public schools, charter schools, social-service agencies and senior living centers in San Antonio. Of those, 227 workshops were taught at Title I or economically disadvantaged schools or programs, serving 2,955 students.
- Nine Master Classes attended by 301 students, led by renowned performers.
- 3,267 students attended ARTS San Antonio Student Performances.
- 2,282 students and members of families were hosted at ARTS San Antonio presented performances using donor-funded tickets; made possible by the support of individuals and businesses.
- Provide a broad range of participatory arts activities to populations with limited access to artistic resources and encouragement to develop their artistic skills.
- Support Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) Objectives in Fine Arts, Language Arts, Mathematics, Physical Education, Science and Social Studies.
- ARTSTEACH is a catalyst for inspiring interest in the arts in elementary school and continuing into middle and high school.
- Employs a number of visual and performing artists experienced in teaching a wide range of ages.